Here are 10 ways to get involved with the 15th Annual Los Angeles Archives Bazaar, going all virtual, all day on Saturday, October 17, 2020. Follow the links listed below to get started.
- Contribute to Archives Bazaar When I think of Home: Images from L.A. Archives (working title) online exhibit- link to more info, submission form, and FAQ here. Submissions due September 15.
- Be part of Home Movie Day. Submit your videos for free digitization and inclusion to the event- more info here. Submissions for 16mm, 8mm, Super 8mm due September 20. Submission for digital files due September 30.
- Be part of Basement Tapes Day with your open reel, cassette, or microcassette home recordings, for more detail email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Showcase your collections through a virtual exhibitor booth video. See submission form and the tips & ideas sheet for more information. Submissions due October 9.
- Attend a Virtual Talk-Shop (VTS) held every Thursday from 2-3pm. Each VTS will focus on an element of the Archives Bazaar planning— detailed schedule to be posted on the L.A. as Subject events calendar
- Help get the word out through social media – follow @LAasSubject on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook and forward/create posts using #ArchivesBazaar or #LAArchivesBazaar
- Share your pictures of past Archives Bazaar events- post photos on social media or send to email@example.com. Make sure to include information about the photos and Archives Bazaar year.
- Update your entry in the L.A. as Subject Directory Portal – from updating your contact and collection description to creating your own photo gallery, find out how to make the most your LAAS Directory entry page here.
- Become a Bazaar Volunteer! We need volunteers to help with the “Reference Room” and answer questions about all things Archives Bazaar, L.A. as Subject, and Los Angeles history. More information coming soon, if interested email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend! Archives Bazaar programming will be posted on Archives Bazaar webpage. Check this page often for program updates that will include engaging presentations, interactive events, and virtual exhibitor booths.
For additional questions or comments, please email Liza Posas at email@example.com.