Archives and Collections
Marlborough School is the oldest independent girls' school in southern California. Founded in 1889 in Pasadena by Mary S. Caswell, the School was located near U.S.C. (University Park, Chester Place) from 1890 to 1916 when it moved to its present location in Hancock Park. Created in 2001, the Archives fulfills its ambassadorial role by collecting, preserving and exhibiting historic items and materials related to the institution and its extended family of administrator, faculty, staff, students, parents and alumnae. Located in Marlborough's new Munger Hall, the Archive serves as the historical memory of the institution.