Directory

Directory

Directory

Archdiocese of Los Angeles Archival Center

The Archival Center that the Archdiocese of Los Angeles built at the San Fernando Mission and opened in 1980 is a measured response to the church's obligation to collect and preserve records associated with the human activities constituting California's Catholic heritage. The facility houses papers, documents, correspondence, and related materials generated since 1840 by the Archdiocese of Los…

Catalina Island Museum

The archaeological site material in the museum’s collections dates from approximately 8,000 thousand years ago to the early 1800s. This material includes artifacts from the  indigenous people known as the Tongva who were living on Catalina Island - which they called Pimu - when the Spanish arrived in 1542. Also in the collections are approximately two thousand items dating from the 1880s to the…

Corita Art Center, Immaculate Heart Community

The Corita Art Center currently houses a substantial collection of archival materials (photographs, slides, correspondence, press clippings, exhibition materials, and various ephemera) related to the artist, educator, and social justice advocate, Corita Kent. While Kent was born in Fort Dodge, IA and died in Boston, MA, she spent the majority of her life and formative artistic years in Los…

Directory Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Margaret Herrick Library

The Margaret Herrick Library collects a wide range of materials documenting film as both an art form and an industry. Its holdings include photographs, posters, books, periodicals, screenplays, oral histories, and extensive clippings files on people, films, and companies. The clippings files are organized under five headings: production, biography, general subject, festivals and awards, and…

East Los Streetscapers

East Los Streetscapers was founded in 1975 by Wayne Alaniz Healy and David Rivas Botello, both veterans of the East Los Angeles mural movement. Among the public art projects produced by this team are paintings, tiles, bas-reliefs, and sculptures in a wide variety of materials. The designs are multicultural, strong, dynamic, colorful, site specific, and compositionally dramatic in line and texture.…

Ebell of Los Angeles

Yearbooks, newsletters and bulletins, scrapbooks describing club activities and philanthropic activities spanning the years from 1894 through the present. Furnishings, artworks including paintings and sculpture, clocks, textiles and costumes.

Getty Research Institute, Research Library

Located on the Getty Center campus in Brentwood, the Research Library at the Getty Research Institute focuses on the history of art, architecture, and archaeology from prehistory to the contemporary period. Presently, the collections are strongest in the history of western European art and culture in Europe and North America; however, in recent years, they have expanded to include other areas,…

Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens

The Library has a large collection of manuscripts, printed books and periodicals, photographs, maps and ephemera relating to Los Angeles.

Los Angeles County Museum of Art Mr. and Mrs. Allan C. Balch Art Research Library

In keeping with LACMA's commitment to research and education, the Mr. and Mrs. Allan C. Balch Art Research Library serves the Museum's staff, scholars, students, and the public by collecting, preserving, and ensuring access to information about art. The Balch Art Research Library is also the repository of LACMA's institutional archive of records related to the museum's past exhibitions and…

Mount Saint Mary's University

Mount Saint Mary's University was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1925 as the first Catholic women's college west of the Mississippi. It comprises two historic sites, the Chalon Campus high above Brentwood (1930), and the Doheny Campus, which occupies the former estate of Edward and Estelle Doheny, including the Doheny Mansion at 8 Chester Place (1899).