Directory

Directory

Directory

Archdiocese of Los Angeles Archival Center

The Archival Center that the Archdiocese of Los Angeles built at the San Fernando Mission and opened in 1980 is a measured response to the church's obligation to collect and preserve records associated with the human activities constituting California's Catholic heritage. The facility houses papers, documents, correspondence, and related materials generated since 1840 by the Archdiocese of Los…

Cal-Pac United Methodist Commission on Archives and History

The Archives collection of the California-Pacific Annual Conference is comprised of annual conference journals, books, records of active and discontinued local churches, administrative documents, directories, newspapers, photographic and audio-visual materials, and ephemera documenting the history of the California-Pacific Annual conference and all it antecedents. Subject areas covered by the…

Catalina Island Museum

The archaeological site material in the museum’s collections dates from approximately 8,000 thousand years ago to the early 1800s. This material includes artifacts from the  indigenous people known as the Tongva who were living on Catalina Island - which they called Pimu - when the Spanish arrived in 1542. Also in the collections are approximately two thousand items dating from the 1880s to the…

Community Arts Resources, Inc. (CARS)

Since 1989, CARS has been breaking down barriers between the public and the arts. It offers Los Angeles artists and artists visiting the area guidance and access to the local resources they need for their work and for reaching new audiences. CARS also consults on the production of events in public venues and on the creation of new public spaces for the arts in urban settings. CARS maintains a…

Directory Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Margaret Herrick Library

The Margaret Herrick Library collects a wide range of materials documenting film as both an art form and an industry. Its holdings include photographs, posters, books, periodicals, screenplays, oral histories, and extensive clippings files on people, films, and companies. The clippings files are organized under five headings: production, biography, general subject, festivals and awards, and…

Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens

The Library has a large collection of manuscripts, printed books and periodicals, photographs, maps and ephemera relating to Los Angeles.

C. G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles, Max and Lore Zeller Library

The Max and Lore Zeller Library provides a specialized collection (including rare books) of over 6,500 volumes on Jungian psychology and related subjects: sandplay therapy, general psychology, anthropology, mythology, religion, alchemy, art and symbolism. The extensive book collection, 800 audio CDs, videotapes and DVDs, and 16 journals are available to the analytic community and the general…

Los Angeles County Museum of Art Mr. and Mrs. Allan C. Balch Art Research Library

In keeping with LACMA's commitment to research and education, the Mr. and Mrs. Allan C. Balch Art Research Library serves the Museum's staff, scholars, students, and the public by collecting, preserving, and ensuring access to information about art. The Balch Art Research Library is also the repository of LACMA's institutional archive of records related to the museum's past exhibitions and…

Los Angeles Philharmonic Archives

The Los Angeles Philharmonic Archives is the institutional memory of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, providing continuity between its past and its future. The Archives serves Philharmonic staff and outside researchers through collecting, preserving, and making available materials that document the full spectrum of activities throughout the history of the Los Angeles Philharmonic dating…

Mount Saint Mary's University

Mount Saint Mary's University was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1925 as the first Catholic women's college west of the Mississippi. It comprises two historic sites, the Chalon Campus high above Brentwood (1930), and the Doheny Campus, which occupies the former estate of Edward and Estelle Doheny, including the Doheny Mansion at 8 Chester Place (1899).