m

Member Directory

Marlborough School is the oldest independent girls' school in southern California. Founded in 1889 in Pasadena by Mary S. Caswell, the School was located near U.S.C. (University Park, Chester Place) from 1890 to 1916 when it moved to its present location in Hancock Park. Created in 2001, the...

Contact: 
Peter Chinnici
Phone: 
323 935-1147

Marymount High School is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls, and was founded in 1923 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary. While the school has played a singular role in local history, it has maintained an inter-related history with many other Marymount...

Contact: 
Michele DeVita

Longtime Verdugo Hills resident John Steven McGroarty was a playwright, columnist, lawyer, congressman, and poet of California. He lived for many years at Rancho Chupa Rosa, a small hacienda near Tujunga that the City of Los Angeles bought in 1953 and now uses to host culture and craft classes....

Contact: 
Monica Hicks
Phone: 
818-352-5285

Collection includes materials related southern California tourism, the Mission Revival movement, peace movement (1st half 20th century, citrus industry, and materials related to specific collections,including fine art, statuary, bells, crosses, dolls, aviation, Native American basketry, and...

Contact: 
Steve Spiller
Phone: 
951-788-9556

The Mojave Desert Archives preserves the history of transcontinental travel to the Los Angeles region through the Mojave Desert of eastern California. Route 66, National Old Trails Road, the Mojave Wagon Road, the Santa Fe Railway (now BNSF), Union Pacific Railroad, and Interstate highways were...

Contact: 
Hugh Brown
Phone: 
760-733-4482

The Motion Picture and Television Photo Archive is dedicated to the preservation, documentation and promotion of the most outstanding past and present photography from all facets of the entertainment industry. The organization emphasizes the conservation, exhibition and publication of this...

Contact: 
Ron Avery
Phone: 
818-997-8292

Mount St. Mary's College was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1925 as the first Catholic women's college west of the Mississippi. It comprises two historic sites, the Chalon Campus high above Brentwood (1930), and the Doheny Campus, which occupies the former estate of Edward...

Contact: 
Victoria McCargar
Phone: 
(310) 954-4377